Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The worst kind of days

It's been a very rough few days around here. The kind of days where I am totally lost and all but hopeless when it comes raising my kids. Is it me? Is it them? Does every mom have days when they just want to run far, far away?

I wish I could say that we've just had a couple of "off" days, but it seems to be so much more than that. I am questioning everything I do and think I know about parenting. Something just isn't right right now and no book description on Amazon has lead me to any hope of finding an answer.

At this point my only tiny sliver of hope is that there is a highly unlikely chance that Anderson's recent behavior can be linked to his recent prescription of Augmentin for his ear infections. As of last night he is off of the medicine and I am holding out hope for a new kid in the next day or two once the drug has completely left his system. Surely it is a far-fetched to believe such a thing could really be the cause of what can only be described as completely out of control behavior, but it is all I have right now. Because the thought of dealing with this for more than a couple more days is truly unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment